Taking a first step into yoga can be daunting. Google the word yoga and you’ll find more than 600 million results including videos, photos, and articles. With so much information to sift through, it can be challenging to know where to start.
That’s why we created Absolute Beginners. In six weeks, we’ll show you that yoga isn’t something that is scary or intimidating. It is a practice that is completely attainable regardless of age, gender, background, or size. Yoga is for every body.
What is Absolute Beginners?
Absolute Beginners includes six weekly sessions that explore yoga in a fun, safe, and comfortable, judgement-free environment. Classes progressively build to provide you with a solid foundation in the fundamentals. The format is open and students are encouraged to ask questions. The group is at the same experience level, and with the class enrollment capped at a small size, each student receives personal attention from the teacher.
What makes Absolute Beginners unique is that it allows you to immerse yourself in what you’re learning. Starting in week 3, you’ll receive 30 days of unlimited classes so you can apply your newly found skills outside of the core sessions and gain confidence in your practice. You’ll also receive a complimentary yoga mat.
Absolute Beginners is perfect for first-time students as well as former students who want to reignite their practice. The program is open to all ages and levels of experience. If you have any concerns about the program being right for you, contact the studio for a consultation.
What will I learn in Absolute Beginners?
- YOU WILL LEARN KEY YOGA TERMINOLOGY, BOTH IN ENGLISH AND IN SANSKRIT.
- YOU WILL DISCOVER FUNDAMENTAL ASANAS, OR POSES, SUCH AS DOWNWARD FACING DOG, CHILD’S POSE, AND THE WARRIORS.
- YOU WILL EXPLORE HOW TO COMPLETE EACH MOVEMENT SAFELY, AND HOW TO MODIFY MOVEMENTS IN ORDER TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR OWN PERSONAL ABILITIES.
- YOU WILL RECEIVE INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO SAFELY USE YOGA PROPS SUCH AS BLANKETS, BLOCKS, AND STRAPS.
- YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO APPLY THE SKILLS YOU LEARN IN YOGA CLASS, SUCH AS MEDITATION, BREATHING, AND ALIGNMENT, TO YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE THE YOGA MAT.
Two new sessions begin the week of January 8. Learn more.